Security Engineer (m/f/d)
IXOPAY is a highly scalable, PCI-DSS certified SaaS payment platform, developed in the heart of Vienna.
Security Engineer (m/f/d)
We are looking to strengthen our Systems Engineering team, which has many years of experience in implementing and supporting network and server infrastructure. The department is responsible for operating Linux systems and network services for our SaaS payment platform, which is provided to global players as a web service. Our infrastructure is operated on our own enterprise hardware in professional data centers.
The team of 7 engineers follows Agile principles and project management methods, depicting our infrastructure using modern configuration management tools and deploys modern, open source technologies that are continuously updated. Meetings are kept to a minimum with the focus on honest and open communication, a strong team spirit and a positive culture of dealing with mistakes.
As part of the team, you will be responsible for monitoring and adapting our Intrusion Detection Systems, hardening systems, helping with threat modeling and will supply input that drives the ongoing improvement of our system security together with our System Engineers and Compliance Officer.
As a payment platform, we are PCI-DSS certified, and high levels of security are important to us.
- Security operations and development (monitoring, logging, detection, prevention)
- Threat modeling and risk analysis
- Configuring and reviewing firewalls (Palo Alto)
- Sensitizing and training employees
- Collaborating on security policies and guidelines
- Carrying out regular security assessments and scans
- Providing support during the annual PCI-DSS security audit
What you offer:
- Experience in a similar role with an educational background in IT, or a self-taught career changer
- Good knowledge of Linux is important to us
- Knowledge of programming languages like Bash, Python etc. to automate routine tasks
- Knowledge of common Internet services (TCP/IP, HTTP, TLS, DNS)
- Interest in new technologies
Nice to have:
- Completed technical education, ideally in the field of IT security
- Experience with intrusion detection systems (Falco, Wazuh)
- Experience with Logstash, Elasticsearch, OpenSearch
- Experience with Puppet or Ansible
- Experience with Hashicorp Vault
What we offer:
Join our agile, team-oriented company with the opportunity to work on global web projects, complete tasks autonomously, and be involved at the forefront of modern technologies and open source software.
- Friendly and open working environment in a well-connected modern office
- We provide all employees with a company notebook (MacBook/Thinkpad/Dell) and 27” display
- Hybrid model (office/home office)
- Yearly ticket for the Vienna public transport network
- Free coffee, tea and fruit
- IXO Fitness gives all employees automatic free access to various fitness studios and sport activities via the myClubs app
- Numerous team and company events guarantee a friendly atmosphere
- Support for further education and certification
Depending on your personal experience and qualifications, we offer a minimum annual salary of EUR 56,000 gross per year for your commitment, dedication and loyalty as part of our motivated team. We are of course prepared to pay more if you have suitable experience.
If you are interested in joining us and recognize yourself in the job description, please send your resume and a few samples of your work to [email protected].